10 Essential Types of Dental Equipment
Whether for setting up a new practice or upgrading the existing one, you need a lot of dental tools. From treating patients, to the sterilization system, dentistry is all about numerous types of dental equipment. It is important to know about the latest available tools that can help us to meet patient treatment needs. With these latest dental supplies, and technologies you can improve our services and get better results.
These are the basic dental equipment that every practitioner needs, regardless of their specialty.
1. Dental Chairs
A dental chair makes the dentist and the patient comfortable during treatment procedures. A dental chair equipped with modern technologies increases our productivity and builds confidence in patients.
A dental chair should have:
- An easily accessible control panel to adjust chair position
- Programmable seat positions
- Backrest with soft cushion
- Powerful system for easy lifting up and down movements
- Foot control.
A compatible dental chair with all the facilities can easily be the best investment for any dental setup.
You should use the advised cleanser for dental chair disinfection.
Tips for using a dental chair:
- Always follow the manufacturer’s instruction manual for its usage and cleaning procedures. They write things there for a reason.
- Use disposable barriers. They increase the longevity of the surface of the chair, and also aid in infection control.
- Be careful when using household cleaners that contain hydrogen peroxide and citric acid. They can harm the dental chair surface.
2. Dental Cabinets
Dental office design can help the practice run smoothly. Properly placed dental operatory cabinets help us to streamline the dental process. Choosing the right cabinet can make your practice more organized and productive. These dental cabinets also give a nice look and professional feel to our dental space.
Advantages of dental cabinets:
- It streamlines our workflow
- Boosts productivity
- It increases patient safety.
With dental cabinets, you can create a unique customized space that keeps us well organized. A modular system can speak volume of our service when a patient walks through.
3. Digital Radiography
In our dental practice, diagnosis and treatment plan mainly depends on radiographic images. Digital radiography allows the dentist to view high-resolution images instantly on a computer screen. It also enables us to store to analyze the patient in time, and share the images with our colleagues. This latest technology provides added benefits to the dental imaging system with high accuracy.
Different practices need different types of digital radiography system. You should consider using these latest technologies that can fit our practice.
Different types of dental digital radiography:
- Intra-oral X-ray sensor. These are fast intra-oral radiographs with less radiation and better quality.
- Panoramic X-rays. Specialized patient’s full arch image.
- Cone beam system. These powerful 3D images help in dental implants, orthodontic treatment, and other clinical practices.
- Digital imaging software. Enhanced dental images help us to digitally plan the treatment and can be used for patient education.
- Cone Beam Computerized Tomography (CBCT) – this shows 3D images, can be used for dental tumors, fractures, and facial bone related problems. This technique helps to avoid any complications during surgeries.
These new options lead to better diagnosis, treatment plan, and patient education. Dental practice can reach new heights by adapting to digital radiography techniques.
4. Dental Lasers
Dental lasers are most effective, minimally invasive treatment options that cause less bleeding and pain.
Dental lasers can be used in:
- Reshaping of overgrown gum tissue
- Removing tissue from partially covered 3rd molar
- Treating tongue tie
- Tooth preparation for composite restoration
- Laser cause less damage to the surrounding tissue and help in faster recovery. New developments have made dental lasers easy to operate, making them commonly used tools by dentists.
5. Dental Intraoral Cameras
A dental intraoral camera is a pen-like video camera that is portable and can be connected to a screen wirelessly. It is equipped with LED and gives magnified images on the screen. These intraoral cameras save time and are the best tool when it comes to patient education.
- It helps in the early detection of dental problems
- Improved accuracy and better treatment
- Easy to explain the patient about the underlying problem and treatment procedure
- Images can be shared and saved for future reference.
It is a revolutionary tool that gives live images and videos helping the patient to understand their oral situation better.
6. Sterilization Equipment
Infection control is an important aspect of any dental practice. The dental sterilization equipment offers patient safety, avoiding any cross contamination.
There are different types of sterilization to choose depending on our services and treatment options.
- Sterilizers or autoclaves
- Washers and dryers
- Dry heat sterilizers
- Chemical vapor sterilization
The autoclave is the most commonly used sterilization equipment. Dry heat is used to remove moisture.
7. Endodontic Equipment
To provide root canal treatment, for cleaning and shaping of canals, you need endodontic equipment. There is a variety of endodontic equipment available making it possible to achieve good results, no matter how narrow the canal is.
- Dental pulp testers help to test the pulp vitality
- Apex locators measure the length of the root canal
- More efficient Nickel-titanium (NiTi) endodontic shaping instruments
- Endodontic Handpieces clean and shape the canal.
Some procedures might need special equipment to achieve accurate root canal treatment.
8. Dental Handpieces
Dental Handpieces are essential dental supplies of any practice. A handpiece is needed from the routine dental cleaning to complicated surgical procedures. Some handpieces are specially designed to suit specific needs.
Types of Handpieces:
- High-speed Handpieces
- Low-speed Handpieces
- Specialist surgical Handpieces
- Laboratory Handpieces
- Hygiene Handpieces
Cleaning and lubricating the Handpiece as recommended by the manufacturer is a must for its better care. It also must be sterilized to avoid cross-contamination.
Dental Handpieces are required for most of the procedures hence you should understand these dental tools.
9. Surgical Instruments
User-friendly, high-quality instruments are a requisite for good dental and oral procedures. You need these instruments for extraction, implants, bone graft, and many others. These instruments help to make surgical procedures more efficient, safe and more successful.
These surgical instruments include:
- Grafting instruments
- Tissue Forceps
- Root tip elevator
- And many more
Depending on the task you do, you have a range of surgical instruments to choose from. Surgical instruments must be cleaned and sterilized by using autoclave, dry heat or chemical vapor.
10. The Composite Kit for Aesthetic Restorations
The composite kit is specially designed for anterior restorations to give a natural look. It is characterized by better handling with good physical properties.
- Small cavity fillings
- Anterior teeth restorations
- Fissure sealing
These dental supplies are helpful in achieving better patient satisfaction.
Other than these Dental supplies it is important to have an Emergency medical kit to attend any medical emergency.
There is a whole world of numerous types of Dental equipment. Whenever choosing an instrument you should focus especially on the specific needs of our practice.
People commonly assume that they can use cheap equipment and expect a good result. Unfortunately, this is not the case.
If you want the best results, you need the best means to achieve it. Choose high-quality dental equipment to get the most out of them and bring high patient satisfaction.
Investing in these types of Dental equipment improves our productivity and helps to offer better services.
Luckily, we have you covered here. We sell the best dental equipment for attractive prices. Contact us to learn more.
+260 977 332383
Copyright © 2020 Taradasi Medics